State and Trade Associations
Industry Associations play an important role in promoting trade laws, providing opportunities among competitors, and providing a unified voice when it comes to regulations and new legislation and providing tools such as best practices.
Our role at ADK is to help Boards find strong leaders who will:
- Support and carry out the organization’s mission and long-term strategic plans.
- Lead the board, committees and the general membership on funding strategies to support the organization’s operations.
- Engage with members to promote and maintain effective collaborative relationships.
- In an advocacy role, be proactive and visible on key issues affecting the industry.
- With knowledge and experience in the legislative process, develop and maintain working relationships with federal, state and local governments, and other organizations and businesses with vested interests in the industry.
- Seek out and pursue sponsors and donors.
- Be accountable for financial reporting and money management.
- Serve as the primary lead and spokesperson, providing education through speaking engagements, written correspondence, visual presentations, and other activities to achieve the mission and goals of the organization and its membership.